DATAMATH CALCULATOR MUSEUM
Texas Instruments SS-3008 STATISTICS Solid State Software Cartridge
|Date of introduction:||1983||Display technology:|
|New price:||$59.95 (MSRP 1983)||Display size:|
|Size:|| 2.1" x 2.0" x 0.55"
53 x 52 x 14 mm3
|Weight:||1.0 ounces, 28 grams||Serial No:|
|Batteries:||n.a.||Date of manufacture:||wk 25 year 1983|
|AC-Adapter:||Origin of manufacture:||USA (ATA)|
|Program steps:||Courtesy of:||Joerg Woerner|
The SS-3008 STATISTICS Solid State Software Cartridge (SSSC) was developed by Texas Instruments for its CC-40 Compact Computer System and contains 14 easy-to-use programs chosen to serve a broad range of statistical applications:
• Descriptive Statistics - Histogram
• Descriptive Statistics - Means and Moments
• Parametric Tests - T-Test Paired Observations
• Parametric Tests - T-Test Unpaired Observations
• Non-Parametric Tests - Contingency Table Analysis
• Non-Parametric Tests - Mann-Whitney Rank-Sum Test
• Analysis of Variance - One-Way ANOVA
• Analysis of Variance - Two-Way ANOVA
• Theoretical Distributions - Binominal Distribution
• Theoretical Distributions - Chi-Square Distribution
• Theoretical Distributions - F-Distribution
• Theoretical Distributions - Normal Distribution
• Theoretical Distributions - Poisson Distribution
• Theoretical Distributions - Student's T-Distribution
Dismantling a Solid State Software Cartridge manufactured by Texas Instruments in their Abilene, Texas facility, reveals a small printed circuit board (PCB) with
a HN61256P ROM (Read-Only Memory) manufactured by Hitachi, Japan.
The HN61256P uses a CMOS process resulting in a very low power consumption of 7.5 mW and features a capacity of 32k Bytes with an access time of 3.5 us.
Don't miss an early prototype of the STATISTICS SSSC with a different form factor and electrical connector fitting only the never released prototypes of the Compact Computer 40.
If you have additions to the above article please email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
© Joerg Woerner, October 19, 2019. No reprints without written permission.