DATAMATH CALCULATOR MUSEUM
Texas Instruments FINANCE LIBRARY-04 Solid State Software Module
|Date of introduction:|| Never
(Announced: May 1982)
|New price:||MSRP: $40.00||Display size:|
|Size:|| 1.3" x 1.25" x 0.55"
33 x 32 x 14 mm3
|Weight:||0.25 ounces, 7 grams||Serial No:|
|Batteries:||n.a.||Date of manufacture:||wk 37 year 1982|
|AC-Adapter:||Origin of manufacture:||USA (ATA)|
|Program steps:||Courtesy of:||Joerg Woerner|
The FINANCE LIBRARY-04 Solid State Software Module was developed by Texas Instruments for its TI-88 Programmable calculator system.
The Finance Library, known as "Module -4-", featuring 9 different programs in one language (English) was announced in May 1982 with an MSRP of $40.00 for the TI-88. These programs demonstrate the calculator's capabilities:
• PGM 1: Table of Contents (Alphanumeric reference)
• PGM 2: Depreciations (Calculates depreciation on a capital item, 4 possible methods)
• PGM 3: Lease Purchase (Provides calculation to aid in deciding whether to lease or buy a piece of equipment)
• PGM 4: Uneven Cash Flows
• PGM 5: Bond Analysis (Computes yields, prices for bonds)
• PGM 6: Financial Needs, Forecasting
• PGM 7: Forecasting (Provides trend analysis for different financial, business variables)
• PGM 8: Machine Replacement (Determines whether an old machine should be replaced with a new machine by comparing expenses)
• PGM 9: Calendar (calculates the days between dates)
Please follow this link to peek inside the MASTER LIBRARY-01.
If you have additions to the above article please email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
© Joerg Woerner, October 8, 2019. No reprints without written permission.